Tradition and innovation: the DOUBLE-PROFILE REED with a concave profile on the table side of the reed is an exclusive creation of LIGAPHONE Paris. 100% natural cane of the French Riviera.
LIGAPHONE Paris enlarges its line of innovative products with a new reed concept: the DOUBLE-PROFILE REED with a concave profile on the table side of the reed. Of the highest quality, the LIGAPHONE Double-Profile reed is a traditional reed made entirely from 100% of the famous natural cane from the Var region in France.
For the very first time in the history of woodwind accessories, both reed profiles (top and table facing) have been designed to complement each other. After long years of research, Ligaphone’s Double-Profile reed was born, combining two complementary profiles:
- LIGAPHONE’s special table facing, concave profile on the table side of the reed, permits increased vibration.
- The LIGAPHONE profile of the top facing is precisely fabricated in the traditional reed shape.
The combination of both LIGAPHONE profiles offers unprecedented possibilities and brings out the best acoustical qualities of the reed:
- frees the reed of its internal tensions : more flexibility, better articulation, no “warping” of the reed table
- makes easier sound emission
- increases the harmonic richness
- defines the caracter of each reed
- excellent value for money: more good reeds in a complete box
Content: 5 reeds for Tenor Saxophone
Reed comparison index (click here)